Utah Olympic Oval International Development Summer Camp
Aug 11, 2023 - Aug 17, 2023 | Camp | Kearns, UT, USA
Utah Olympic Oval Speed Skating Development Camp is back! Come train in the World Renowned 2002 Salt Lake City Games facility, and potential training ground for future Olympians in 2030 & 2034. Experience the exceptional atmosphere surrounded by speed skating Olympians, soaking in the ultimate training environment.
At the camp, you'll have the chance to skate on the unique 111.12 meters track with the only floating pad system in the United States, as well as on the fastest ice on earth - the 400m Oval sheet, and participate in other sport activities. Our distinguished team of coaches includes Linlin Sun, the 2010 Olympic gold medalist, who is currently the Development Coordinator at Utah Olympic Oval and has been running successful summer camps since 2012.
Joining Linlin is Tianyu Fu, a 2006 Olympian and the Head Coach of the Oval Club. We are also thrilled to have Adam Callister, a former NTP athlete from the local scene, and the guest coach Derek Parra, the 2002 Olympic gold medalist.
The camp's exciting program encompasses the Desert Classic competition, four hours of on-ice sessions daily, 2-3 hours of off-ice training, and specific classroom sessions each day to enhance your skills, knowledge and delevopment.
Don't miss this incredible opportunity to be part of the Utah Olympic Oval Speed Skating Development Camp!
This camp is for club level speed skaters. Skaters must have basic ability in speed skating including the ability to do efficient cross-overs. Cost of the camp is $455 (includes Desert Classic Entry Fee).
Age: 7 – 30
Camp info: 6 days of camp with 24 total hours including Desert classic, Ice sessions, dryland, seminars, and camp closing lunch.
Drop in per day: $100
OSSC Club Member Discount：20% off
Registration Deadline: August 1st if you are participating Desert Classic.
August 11th if don’t participate Desert Classic.
- Olympic Gold Medalist
- assistant Coach
- USS Junior World Team Coach 2016-2018
- 2019-21 Chinese short track national team Team leader
- Former FAST Team Head Coach (2015-2019)
- USS Level 3 Certified Coach
- development coordinator at the Utah Olympic Oval
- Torino Olympian
- Level 3 Certified Coach
- Head coach (2015 – 2018)
- Oval Speed Skating Club Head LT Coach
- National team member 2015-2021
- 2020 Youth Olympic coach for Columbia
- 2021 World Cup/ four continent coach for Brazil and Philippines.
- 2011/2012 junior worlds relay medalist.
- 2022* World Cup coach
- Olympic Gold and Silver Medalist
- 2010 Olympic Long Track Team Coach
- Former WhIP Team Coach
- Current Sport Director at the Utah Olympic Oval
- per each day
- per day
- other activities:
General Schedule Info:
- Checkin. Preparation for racing ice at 3pm
- Monday – Thursday August 12– 17 8am-5pm with 1.5hrs break for Lunch
Accommodation and Transportation:
Participants will be responsible for their own room & board and transportation to and from the camp and camp activities. For transport to outside of Utah Olympic Oval, the oval’s 15 passenger van will be used.
What to Bring
Be prepared for all types of training both inside and outside. Feel free to bring anything you need for training but the following is a must:
- ST Skates (and Long Track Skates if you have them but not mandatory)
- ST protective gear (helmet, neck guard, gloves, knee pads, shin guards)
- Dryland Training Clothes (i.e. Shorts, T-shirts, Socks)
- On-ice jacket or shirt (the oval is a balming 63 degrees so you don’t need to dress too warm)
- Workout shoes (we will be hiking so bring some you don’t mind getting dirty)
- Sharpening Equipment (highly recommended)
- Water bottle(s)
- Food Container (you are on your own for food so we recommend bringing something with you for lunch and/or to snack on throughout the day).
For questions or more information please contact Linlin Sun at Lsun@UOLF.org
Address: 5662 South Cougar Lane
Kearns, UT 84118
All the coaches are welcome to participate without any fees.