Learn To Skate USA
To provide a fun and positive experience that will instill a lifelong love of skating.
As you begin your journey on the ice, you will quickly realize that you are learning so much more than how to skate. You will be infused with the joy of improving every time you try something new. Each time you fall, you will strengthen your confidence to get back up and try again. While learning the importance of balance, discipline and tenacity, you will be reassured that even the greatest challenges can be overcome. These are more than lessons in skating; they are essential lessons of life.
Learn to Skate USA, powered by Toyota, makes these lessons easy and fun. Through our world-class curriculum and nationally certified instructors, you will be enthusiastic about learning to skate—from your first steps on the ice until the time you reach your goals. Whether you wish to enjoy the recreational benefits of skating or dream of Olympic fame, this is the place to start.
The only ice skating program endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey, US Speedskating and the Special Olympics, Learn to Skate USA offers every participant a rewarding experience rooted in the lifelong benefits of ice skating.
- Teach children and adults the fundamentals of ice skating while building confidence and skills through each lesson.
- Provide a progressive curriculumthat ensures success from the first steps on the ice to the mastery of advanced skills.
- Promote the health and fitness benefits of ice skating.
- Equip each participant with the foundation necessary to reach their goal, be it recreational or competitive in nature.
- A goal-oriented program that provides incentive and encouragement to keep skaters motivated.
- A personalized approach that allows skaters to progress at their own rate and advance after skill mastery is demonstrated.
- A curriculum that offers something for everyone—from first steps on the ice to mastering advanced techniques.
- Solid skill development based upon the ABCs of basic athleticism—Agility, Balance, Coordination and speed.
- A progressive system that upon completion of the program, allows skaters to confidently advance to more specialized areas of skating.
- Access to continued education and resources for parents of young skaters to assist with making the appropriate decisions along the way.
- Nationally certified Learn to Skate USA instructors, assistants and volunteers.
- A world-class and proven system that provides program directors with all the tools necessary to establish, develop and deliver a quality skating business.
- A customizable program that is available to all ice facilities, recreation departments, figure skating clubs, hockey associations, speedskating clubs, individual skating instructors, colleges, universities and other organizations to administer.